Monday, February 6, 2012

Nice review (via email)

A customer sent me an email about the book (Be the King!), and since her said I could, I am posting (most) of the review here.  Nice guy ('cuz he said nice things about the book).

Mike,

Your book "Be the King (of Small-Stakes Tournaments) was recommended in the Iron Duke Forum and I want to thank you for writing it.
I haven't finished going through the entire book but so far it has been very helpful.  I especially like your Starting Hand chart. It makes it easy to find a starting hand to see if it is good enough to play.
I was also interested in Expected Value and did a search. I found a listing of Expected Value Poker Hand Rankings for Texas Hold'em on the Tight Poker web site. 
Most web sites show the starting hands in a line form of Category listing (Cat 1, Cat 2, Cat 3 etc.) and I am used to using those. I went through your Starting Hand chart and compared them to the EV listing from Tight Poker.
To make a long story short, I made a line chart using your catagories lined up by expected value from the listing from Tight Poker. I have both your chart and the line chart that I made on a spread sheet which I use to help me make decisions on starting hands if I have a doubt.

Bottom line is that I am trying to learn this game that I love to play in order to make it more enjoyable by making some money while doing what I love to do. Your book is helping me to do this and I greatly appreciate it.  -- Table Name: Ninja2042

No comments:

Post a Comment